Sunday, February 18, 2018

Social Media

Social Media.... Podcast

The latter half of 2017 I was able to get away from all the social media posts I was creating.

I restricted myself to post things only on one of the social media site and abandoned all the others. I also made sure I am checking my Facebook only twice a day; once sometime in the mornings and then at the end of the day.

All this because I was wasting too much time on it and realised how much more I could do if I didn’t.

Also, because I wanted to see if I could keep myself away from it and not collapse.


Two things happened amidst this:
1. I realised it was an addiction and I was capable of surpassing it with just a weeks conscious effort.
2. I took up a lot of new things I wanted to do and was able to manage pretty well.

This was 2017. 
On the eve of 2018 I resumed my social media posts but with a twist.

Now I am not wasting time on it as I did before.
I am posting things related to Spanish learnings on my page @ALilSpanishForAll, my blogs, my cookings and other hobbies.

And I still check my Facebook only twice a day.


So my learnings here were: instead of blaming the social media sites for wasting our time, take the responsibility on yourself and make things work for you.

PS: I am not scared of AI (Artificial Intelligence) taking over and analysing my every move in the future.
If you know what I am talking about.

Chao for now!

!! Check out my Podcast for this blog here !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's my Birthday!

Today on my birthday, the only feeling I have towards everyone is ‘GRATITUDE’. I would like to take a moment and THANK each and e...